Popular Domestic Routes
Popular International Routes
Top Deals by Airline
How to Book Cheap Flights?
- Fly during the working weekOpting to take your flight during the working week can save you money. Flights departing over this period – especially Tuesdays and Wednesdays – are cheaper, mainly because these days are less popular to travel on.
- Have a look at airline websitesMany airline websites have made it simpler to identify the inexpensive days to fly by displaying a "calendar view" booking system. This system allows you to scan prices ranging across the week that you are searching.
- Think about the time of departure when you book your flightYou may also get a bargain flight if you're willing to fly at an early hour. It may well be less expensive to fly at 6 am than at later times due to that time spot being less popular. The only problem you could face is getting to the airport at this time; make sure that public transport is running if you can't take a taxi or get a lift to the airport.
- Booking tickets via the Trip.com appThis may sound like I'm stating the obvious, but you'd be surprised at the number of people who settle for a price without first shopping around and doing some research. We suggest you have a look for bargains on the Trip.com app; details of how to download this app are shown below.
The Trip.com Save & Fly browser extension is a big help when learning how to get cheap flight tickets. While you're looking for airline tickets online, the extension notifies you of whether the exact same flight is available on Trip.com at a better price. It's completely free to install and use, and it takes some of the pressure off booking your tickets.
- Last-minute deals aren't always cheaper so book earlyDon't get fooled into thinking that last-minute deals are necessarily the best option for cheap flight tickets because they seldom are.
The smart move is to book early, even as far as a year in advance if that is possible for the flight you require. Flight tickets have a tendency to be cheaper when they are first released – which is normally about a year before the flight – so have a look online as soon as the flights you want are available.
This is particularly true if you are planning to travel during school holidays or to a destination where a famous event is taking place. These prices will increase rapidly, so book before the masses do.
The price of a flight may drop again before re-climbing in the last few days before the flight takes off but they also may not. It's not worth the risk of waiting for a drop in prices only to be faced with higher prices for leaving it until the last minute. You also run the risk that the tickets will become sold out before you book yours, especially if it's a popular flight.
If you're willing to be flexible, which is really the name of the game for cheap flight tickets, then have a look at a flight search engine as it may post flight tickets which get lower in price as the flight time approaches.
- How to get cheap flight tickets by paying with a credit cardThere are a lot of advantages to paying for a flight with a credit card. One advantage is that you are protected when you make bigger purchases. For example, if you spend more than $100 on a flight, you will be covered for a refund if the airline or travel company goes out of business. This will not necessarily be the case if you pay with a debit card so check first. Credit cards are also more useful for spending in a foreign country and give you better exchange rates than you would get with your debit card.
Certain credit cards will offer you air miles for each sum of money spent, thus saving you a bit more on your flight tickets. They may also give you a certain amount of cashback on the purchase of your flight ticket.
- How to get cheap flight tickets – choose flights with a connectionBooking a flight with a connection is nearly always a cheaper option, especially on longer-haul flights. The best thing to do is to uncheck the "direct flights only" option on your flight booking website's search engine, and have a look to see if the flights shown are any cheaper. However, there is a degree of risk involved in this method of getting cheap air tickets. If one of your earlier flights is delayed, this could mean that you miss a later connecting flight.
- Package holidays can offer you cheap flight ticketsIf you book a package holiday, you are likely to get discounts on flights as well as accommodation. This is because travel companies book tickets in such large volumes that they get huge discounts. It is sometimes possible to get a whole holiday for less than the price of a regular flight.
- Watch out for hidden costs when booking cheap flight ticketsBe aware that cheap flight tickets with budget airlines can be deceptive. Very often there can be hidden costs, so check for air taxes, baggage fees, or seat selection costs before you buy. Airlines can also add travel insurance and other features on automatically without checking to see if you want them first.
Travel light if it's possible. Hand luggage is usually free, but be sure to check the regulations on weight limitations first.
- Stay incognito when looking for cheap flight ticketsStaying anonymous during the search process can be one of the keys to getting cheap flight tickets. Flight ticket prices vary based on demand. Delete your search cookies and see what happens to the price once your browser history has been erased.
Why Book Flights with Trip.com
Flights to Suit You
Ready to jet off? Booking a flight is the first step to an exciting getaway. However, with so many things to consider, finding cheap flights is not always the easiest of tasks. That’s why, at Trip.com, we’ve made things simple. Letting you search and compare flights from thousands of different airlines to destinations all over the world, it’s never been easier to find flight tickets to suit you. From economy to first-class airline tickets, direct to connecting flights and return and one-way tickets, you can filter your search to suit your plans and budget. Whether it’s for a long-haul family holiday, romantic weekend break, or a professional business trip, in just a few clicks you can be on your way to your chosen destination.
Book Cheap Flights Today
With Trip.com’s price match, you don’t need to search around for the cheapest flights. Offering you the best possible prices, you can be certain you’ve secured the best deal. There are plenty of other ways you can save money on flights, too. You can look out for our flight flash sales, sign up to price alerts which let you know when flight prices have dropped, and download the Trip.com app to get money off. Joining the Trip.com loyalty program also gives you access to exclusive member-only offers. Not only that, but you can also earn Trip Coins which can be redeemed on your next booking. And don’t worry if you get stuck along the way, as our award-winning 24/7 customer service will always be here to help.
Tips of How to Book Cheap Fligths
Fly during the working weekdays
Opting to take your flight during the working week can save you money as flight prices for departures during the working week, especially Tuesdays and Wednesdays, are cheaper.
Have a look at airline websites
Many airline websites have made it simpler to identify the inexpensive days to fly by displaying a ‘calendar view’ booking system.
Think about the time of departure on the day you book your flight
You may also get a bargain flight if you’re willing to fly at an early hour. It may well be less expensive to fly at 6 am than at later times due to that time spot being less popular.
Booking tickets via the Trip.com APP
This may sound like I’m stating the obvious but you’d be surprised at the number of people who settle for a price without first shopping around and researching the prices. I suggest you have a look for bargains on the Trip.com APP, details on how to download this app appear below.
Last-minute deals aren't always cheaper so book early
The clever thinking is to book early, even as early as up to a year in advance if that is possible for the flight you require. Flight tickets have a tendency to be cheaper when they are first released- which is normally about a year before the flight.
How to get cheap flight tickets by paying with a credit card
There are a lot of advantages to playing for a flight with a credit card. One of the advantages of paying with a credit card is that you are protected when you make bigger purchases.
How to get cheap flight tickets-flight with a connection
Booking a flight with a connection is nearly always a cheaper option, certainly on longer-haul flights. The best thing to do is to uncheck the ‘direct flights only’ option on your flight booking website’s search engine and have a look to see if the flights are any cheaper.
Package holidays can offer you cheap flight tickets
If you book a package holiday you are likely to get discounts on flights as well as accommodation. This is because travel companies book tickets in such large amounts, they get huge discounts.
Watch out for hidden costs when booking cheap flight tickets
Be aware that cheap flight tickets with budget airlines can be deceptive.
Stay incognito when looking for cheap flight tickets
Stay unidentified during the searching process, this can be one of the most important aspects of getting cheap flight tickets.