1.23km from Faentina ScuoleOk so I had really high hopes for this place. But they were quickly diminished. I’ll start with the positives.
-Staff was very friendly from the moment we arrived.
-Room was very big with comfortable bed.
-Netflix on the tv was a nice touch as watching tv in a foreign language is not the most fun experience so it was nice to be able to watch something we know at the end of a long day.
Now the negatives which are pretty BIG negatives.....
1. I got LOCKED IN to the hotel. Staff is only here til 8am-10pm. Well I stopped in to get money out of my safe in the room at 1030pm. Well all the doors are locked and you cannot get out! The front door is bolted down and the back gate does not open from the inside. I’ve never seen a place like this. So I tried calling the emergency number, only to find out my phone in the room did not work. So I was stuck in the room the rest of the night. While my family was out having a late dinner I was sitting in the room. The most preposterous thing ever. When I brought it up to the staff the next day all she said was she was really sorry. I then asked at checkout if there was anything they could do for me for my troubles and they did not make me pay for my city tax which was nice of them, which was only 18€ but it’s something. So if you plan on going anywhere past 9pm, do not stay here. What if there was an emergency, say a fire etc. Seems to be a huge safety concern.
2. They only give you one key. The problem with that is the AC only works when your key is in the slot in the room. We took 2 day trips during our stay that lasted around 12-13 hours so our hotel room went without AC all day and when we got back to the room, it was hot and stuffy. Not something you want to come back from after a long day of sightseeing. From what I gather, this may be a common thing in Europe??
3. There was a gurgling sound in our toilet every 25-30 min or so which was annoying and would wake us up from time to time.
4. There was a small amount of mosquitoes/bugs around the room.
5. Train station/sights are about a mile away. So about 20 min walk. It’s doable, but not very convenient if you’re doing a lot around the city center.
6. They give you no hand soap. They include body gel, shampoo, conditioner, but no hand soap?? Very odd.
In conclusion, only stay here if you plan on sticking around the hotel all day and don’t plan to go out at night. They have only been around for a year but i can’t believe they never thought of people having to get out of the building past 10pm. Worst experience I’ve ever had at a hotel. The only reason I gave 2 stars is because of the friendly staff and big rooms. I hope they figure out the kinks because it could be a really nice place!