6.78km from The Stuffed PepperUpon check in the desk clerk,Christine, was very pleasant and easy to talk to. Her personality was bright and bubbly. The walk to the room was littered with stained and bleached out carpet. Paint peeled from the walls everywhere. There was an odor like I had just walked in to my grandparents old house. It was a kind of closed up forever smell. Room doors were soiled with old sticky tape from room numbers that had been replaced long ago. When entering the room at first glance it looked ok, but when took my shoes off I saw and felt the floor was sticky and under the bedside table there was black mold growing on the wall. The sheets were clean and the beds looked to be made by a drill sergeant, no complaints there. The bed was comfortable and the pillows we're fluffy. Due to cleanliness of the bathroom I didn't shower there. Breakfast was very bleak. There was some stale bread and eggo style waffles which looked as Moses himself had baked. The "fresh" fruit was all bruised and squishy. There were no low carb options at all. I just had hot tea which was at best room temperature. Building materials were stored under the stairs by the emergency exit. It looked like it had been there for a while because of the dust and lint that was piled around them. The emergency exit door did not open without sticking my finger in the latch to press the catch back. I am glad I didn't have to exit during a fire as this was the closest exit to my room 125. All in all the stay here was terrible and stressful. I have had a deep cough ever since I stayed in the room from the mold. The only thing this hotel has going for it is easy location on and off the interstate, and a very pleasant desk clerk. Whom ever cleans the rooms does a wonderful job of making the beds and that is all. The janitorial staff needs to step up their game and do their job. I would not stay here again even if it was free. My advice is to keep driving and find a different hotel.