GO AGAINST COVID 19 | What Are Vaccine Passports And How Would They Work?
What is the NHS COVID Passport?
The NHS COVID Passport is a digital certificate that proves your COVID-19 status, allowing you certain travel freedoms. The Pass shows either your vaccination details or test results.
Anyone over the age of 16 in England can get an NHS COVID Passport for international travel. The NHS COVID Passport gives you greater freedom to travel and attend other events across the UK.
How and where can I get the NHS COVID Passport?
You can get your Pass in 2 ways:
· You need to have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To travel abroad, you will usually receive your pass within 24 hours of having your vaccination.
· You must have recovered from COVID-19 within the past 6 months. To travel abroad, you will need to have had a positive PCR test within 6 months and have finished self-isolating and subsequently tested negative.
The NHS COVID Passport is available digitally, either using the NHS app or website. You can download it as a PDF or get it sent to you in an email.
Your digital versions are valid for:
· 30 days after your vaccination(s), but the 30-day period refreshes every time you log in.
· 48 hours after a negative PCR or lateral flow result.
· 30 days after a positive PCR test, but the 30-day period refreshes every time you log in (for up to 180 days after you took the test).
You can get an NHS COVID Passport letter sent to you in the post, but only for proof of vaccination, not test results. You will need an NHS login to be able to access your COVID Passport. If you don't have a login, you'll be asked to create one.
How do I use the NHS COVID Passport?
You may be asked to show your NHS COVID Passport at certain destinations when travelling to and from the UK. This can be at any point of entry leaving or entering the country.
Before travelling, always check the entry requirements for the country you're visiting.
What are the benefits of the NHS COVID Passport?
The NHS COVID Passport makes travel easier from the UK - as well as attending specific events within the country.
The NHS COVID Passport has Europe-wide acceptance, assisting easier travelling across the continent.