Matinloc Island, El Nido, EL Nido, Mimaropa, Philippines
"This resort was very clean, and everyone was very friendly. However, I wasn’t treated as well as I should have been for the price I paid. I would recommend this resort if they changed a lot of things:
- the WiFi (it sucks and it stops working after 5 minutes..you have to keep changing routers). It doesn’t matter if you’re on an island... if guests are paying top dollar for your rooms, then you need to be paying top dollar for things like WiFi. There were also only 6 or 7 TV channels btw...
- they tried to charge guests for land transfers from the airport to the port (don’t be so cheap... guests pay a lot to stay there, so you should provide transport all the way if you’re going to advertise it)
- guests should be able to book open tours, regardless of who else is joining. They asked me if I would like to book a tour (wildly overpriced I might add), and after 20 minutes of looking at their options and researching the places on my phone, I finally settled on one. I was willing to pay their ridiculous price, but it wasn’t until after I wasted 20 minutes and told them which tour I wanted that they told me there was only one option available for the next day. (Please check the price of your rooms per night... then explain why you think it’s acceptable to tell me I can’t go on that tour?)
- the food was good, but not good enough to be charging what they do. And since there’s nowhere else to go on that section of the island, you’re forced to pay for their ridiculously expensive food (not including the service charge)
- as I was checking out, I needed to pay for the food I ate during my stay. I presented my Chinese bank card (because I live and work in China), entered my pin code, and paid successfully. A few minutes afterwards, they asked to see the card again to check the name on it (because I’m not Chinese, and they think I stole it).
Thank you for suggestion, or at least making feel like I’m a thief, along with the many other disappointments of my ridiculously overpriced stay.
Besides that hiccup, the staff again was very polite and even greeted me at the dock with a shell necklace and a welcome drink, which was great. However, nice smiles and welcome drinks aren’t enough to justify the price. "
"The hotel environment is very good, quiet, the attitude of each service staff is very good, the breakfast is rich, the price of lunch and dinner is a bit more expensive than in El Nido, but the taste is very good, only Western and Filipino food. Free snorkeling and kayaking equipment are provided on the beach. My parents are here for three days. The waters below the hotel pier are perfect for free diving, and the film is also beautiful.
The only disadvantage is that the hotel's spa massage level is generally 3 times more expensive than the town. It is not recommended to try"
"The breakfast is very good, I don't have a lot of things, but I can order the food for you to do. The taste is very good. The waiter is very hospitable and full of smiles. There are fewer guests on the island, just like your private island, private infinity pool, I really hope to stay a few more days. The only regret is that the coral around the island is not very good."