98 Main Street, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
"We had 2 rooms for a Saturday night, 228 and 229. The place is a dump, clearly, very little is reinvested into these rooms in terms of maintenance, refurbishment and even cleaning. It was raining the day we arrived, upon entering room 229 we were smacked in the face with a pungent, damp smell. The source of this damp smell was glaringly obvious, the carpet and the curtains by the window were saturated. The windows were filthy, however, it appeared the moisture was rising through the floor. We then looked in the bathroom, wow. Clearly there is a leaking roof problem, as the ceiling paint was peeling in multiple spots, and the wall tiles were coming off the walls. There were dead bugs on the floor and the toilet pan was not secured to the floor. By this stage, my wife decided to go and find the manager, Craig, I believe was his name. He accompanied my wife back to the room and upon entering the room said he could not smell anything. Surprisingly, he said he was unaware of any problems with the bathroom ceiling or walls. Clearly, either completely incompetent as a manger, or perhaps covering for managers/investors that won't remedy serious issues with the accommodation. He did offer to attempt to find accommodation elsewhere, but said it was unlikely that any alternatives would be available. After he left I decided to look at the exterior in an attempt to find the source of the dampness. The source was glaringly obvious, the floor level of the unit was below the ground outside and there was no real drainage. As well as gutters choked with debris. It was at this point that we realised he knew full well of the problems with the rising damp, as there was a meagre attempt to divert the water away from the building , by means of a mediocre trench/gutter carved into the mud. Whilst room 228 was not as bad, it was still terrible. Inside the wardrobe was full of mould, the bathroom ceiling was moisture affected and the spa bath had broken jets ( not that we would even contemplate sitting in it). I can't comment on the food, as we were that disgusted with the accommodation, there was no way I would risk dining in their establishment. I realise this is a scathing review, however, it borders on irresponsible for hotel/motel managers to put families in rooms with mould and damp issues. Seriously, do yourself a favour, go somewhere else. The management clearly know there are problems, they refunded the cost of 1 room within days."
"I stayed with a group we had 7 rooms and everyone of them was spotless and comfortable - staff were really friendly and our rooms were cleaned to a very high standard each day - if I come back to Hahndorf I will be staying here again. Having a wonderful restaurant on site was a bonus - and did i mention friendly staff - great stay - thanks "
"Very good, you can see the stars at night"