"We extended our stay in Rio and chose this hotel because it was ranked on Trip Advisor in the top 10 hotels in the city, and as we found out, for great reason! This hotel has a boutique feel, with simple clean rooms and a fantastic location just steps back from Ipanema Beach. I have never had quite an OCEANFRONT view as here, as you can hear the ocean crashing out your window if you choose that view (which we recommend!) The part of our stay that was a delightful surprise was that their restaurant was so incredibly delicious. We later found out from a city tour guide that is is run by a renowned local female chef. Our breakfast was included, and it was a GENEROUS selection, with homemade (and many vegan, FYI, which we are not) options. Our favorite was the charcoal-baked pancake. I ordered it three days in a row it was so good!!!! Their cocktails are also delicious. Pricilla in the restaurant offered supreme Guest Service with a smile. We still rate the hotel 5 stars, but the only thing we would have liked improved was that they assured us a late check out would be no problem and to inquire in the morning; when in fact we asked the following day as instructed, we told there was be no possible way as they were fully booked (yet had availability online). Despite this, we would still return, we loved our stay! "
"Just spent a fantastic week chilling at Hotel Arpoador, a very smart boutique beach clubhouse/hotel that's the closest thing Rio has to a Soho House. The best location of any hotel in Rio right on the beach, not across a six lane avenue like all the others. You walk barefoot out of hotel lobby onto Ipanema beach and it's the nicest beach area in Rio. (clean and very swimable) Recently remodeled by a prominent architect to very high standards the lobby and restaurant are very smart looking and comfortable spaces and the food is fantastic, great breakfast on the beach !, superb lunch&dinner, excellent service, reasonable prices. Rooftop bar and dipping pool are very nice, small well equipped gym and a very cool(hot) sauna contribute to the spa like experience. Swim in Atlantic, sauna, and cool in pool, big showers in rooms, its heaven. Best location on the beach in Rio, beach facing rooms worth the extra price but even the rooms facing street are great, close to everything but not crazy crowded and very nice part of beach. Hip young staff provides excellent service. Our new favorite hotel property on the planet !"
"This is the best hotel in Rio de Janeiro if you are looking for a beach experience. The hotel is right in front of the beach in a safe part of it. You will have breakfast right in front of the beach, you get the best view from the rooftop pool (which is heated, for me is a plus).
Negative points: cheapest room is incredibly small and has a terrible view. Recepcion is very busy all the time and 20% of the staff are not friendly, but the other 80% are.
You can't expect them to book you a restaurant for example, and if they do they will not be very happy.
My suggestions for Arpoador: i love your place, i have been there 3 times and i will return. It would be nice to have a welcome drink on arrival, and the pool upstairs could have some relaxing music. Also staff with a little more training would be perfect! Some of them are already perfect."