This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hong Kong Free Tours, Admiralty MTR Station, Hong Kong China
Firstly you will meet your guide at the Mong Kok MTR station Exit B3 (outside the station), then set off on your 3-hours walking tour in Mong Kok and Sham Shui Po area of Hong Kong. The time will be allocated into the following sties and topics:
The first 1-hour of the walking tour focuses on several local markets in Mong Kok and Prince Edward area. Specifically:
1. The Goldfish Market - How does the real estate market transforms the goldfish market and where to look for the exotic animals?
2. The Flower Market - Why is the flower market located in Kowloon?
The next 2-hour of the tour focuses on the housing crisis in Hong Kong. Specifically:
1. Boundary Street Sport Centre - How bad is the housing crisis in Hong Kong? How much an average apartment costs in Hong Kong and how many years an average worker needs to purchase an apartment in Hong Kong?
2. Portland Street & Tenement House - How did Hong Kong government maintains its status quo to be one of the most capitalistic cities in the world? How much the Hong Kong government relies on the housing market?
3. Sub-divided Housing - We rented a subdivided unit for you to have a peek of what is going on inside a sample unit...
3. Lui Seng Chun - Tasting of Chinese Herbal Tea
4. Tung Chau Street: The poverty line in Hong Kong and the size of the poverty population. Where does the government draws the poverty line in a wealthy place like Hong Kong?
The tour finishes at Sham Shui Po market at which point the guide will point out the nearest MTR station. The guests may want to walk around the Sham Shui Po market to see the day to day life of a local market. The guide will stay behind to answer any questions or help you to plan your trip.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Time: 2:00 PM
Departure Point: MTR Mong Kok Station, Mong Kok, Hong Kong
Return Details: Sham Shui Po Station, Hong Kong
:Tour option details are as follows
Option Departure Time: 2:00 PM
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Hong Kong Free Tours
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Adult: Age 0 to 99
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
Not wheelchair accessible
Service animals allowed
Near public transportation
Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers