This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hong Kong Free Tours, Admiralty MTR Station, Hong Kong China
Firstly you will meet your guide at the Admiralty MTR station Exit A (next to McDonald) then set off on your 2.5-hours walking tour in the Admiralty and Central area of Hong Kong. The time will be allocated into the following sties and topics:
The first 1.5-hours will be our story on how Hong Kong got here and where it may be going. Specifically:
1. Central Government Complex - China promised a democratic progression in our constitution but why did it not happened in 2017? What is Umbrella Movement and why it became the most sensitive topic in Hong Kong now?
2. Tamar Park - How the British colonized Hong Kong and what happened to Hong Kong after 1898? Why is the handover of Hong Kong is on 1997 and was this a happy reunion between Hong Kong and China?
3. People's Liberation Army Building - What is One Country Two Systems and why China made this promise to Hong Kong? What happened after 1989 Tienanmen Square and where did all the Hong Kong people go?
4. City Hall - Japanese occupation in Hong Kong during Second World War. How did China convince the UK to return Hong Kong without a war between the two countries?
5. The Court of Final Appeal - Is there really a One Country Two Systems in Hong Kong? What is the ultimate tool the Beijing government uses to control Hong Kong?
The remaining tour focuses on the development of the Central business district. Specifically:
1. The Feng Shui battle between HSBC and Bank of China - The most powerful bank in Hong Kong and its superstitious belief. Its Feng Shui war and competition against its neighbor, Bank of China.
2. Queen's Road Central - The original coastline of Hong Kong and how it evolved overtime. Why did the British chose to build the capital of Hong Kong in Central when it is so hilly and no land around? A comparison of modern day Hong Kong versus old Hong Kong.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Time: 10:00 AM
Departure Point: Admiralty MTR Station, Admiralty, Hong Kong
Return Details: S.k.h. St. John's Cathedral, Garden Rd, Central, Hong Kong
:Tour option details are as follows
Option Departure Time: 10:00 AM
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Hong Kong Free Tours
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Adult: Age 0 to 99
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
Not wheelchair accessible
Service animals allowed
Near public transportation
Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers