Sail by the South Wharf precinct and admire the
Polly Woodside, a 3-masted tall ship that was built in Belfast in 1885. Nibble on a gourmet box lunch (see sample menu under
Itinerary below) and snap photos of picturesque parks, sporting arenas and more as your onboard guide shares stories about the city’s rich maritime history.
When you return to shore, board a comfortable air-conditioned coach for a 3.5-hour city sightseeing tour with live commentary. Begin at two sites loved by sports fans: Melbourne Cricket Ground and the National Tennis Centre in Melbourne Park.
Continue to Kings Domain, a large park which contains the Royal Botanic Gardens and other attractions. Have time to take a stroll around the lake or purchase Devonshire tea.
Next, drive past the Arts Centre Melbourne, the Docklands and Etihad Stadium. On Bolte Bridge, keep your camera handy for excellent views of the Port of Melbourne and city skyline.
Top off your Melbourne tour at the popular Colonial Tramcar Restaurant, a top-rated restaurant-on-wheels located on a historic tramcar. You are welcomed aboard by the maitre d’ and shown to your table for a delicious 3-course dinner served by a professional staff. Savor a delicious meal that features fresh produce and other local ingredients accompanied by a range of beverages from a fully stocked bar (sample menu under
Surrounded by old-world ambiance, you'll dine in style while your tram rolls through South Melbourne, St Kilda, Prahran and Malvern. One-way windows provide privacy and modern amenities ensure a comfortable trip.
Your comprehensive 7-hour tour of Melbourne concludes in the early evening at the end of your tramcar journey.
Departure Time: 11:55 AM
Departure Point: Tour departs from Federation Square, corner of Flinders and Russell Street
Return Details: Concludes at Normandy Road (the Tramcar departure point), near the Crown Casino, at approximately 7.15pm
Itinerary: Yarra River cruise lunch box sample menu (choose one):
• Chicken - "Bogota" Aioli Chicken Sandwich - pulled chicken with homemade aioli, rocket, avocado on multi-grain bread
• Vegetarian - "Amazonas" Sandwich - roasted pumpkin, sautéed Portobello mushrooms, mozzarella, cheddar and tasty cheeses with lemon sauce on multi-grain bread
• Pork - "Los Llanos" BBQ Pork Sandwich - slow cooked pulled BBQ pork with salami, ham, tasty cheese, caramelized onion, pickles on multi-grain bread
• Gluten Free - grilled chicken breast (100g) with mix green leaves in a light and fragrant lemon dressing (dessert is South American Alfajor (cookie))Note: All boxed lunches include seasonal fresh fruit, homemade dark chocolate brownie or homemade crunchy macadamia/dark chocolate cookie and a drink (juice or water).
The Colonial Tramcar Restaurant sample menu:
Appetizer (choose one):
• Chicken liver and cognac pate crowned with pink peppercorns
• Roasted red capsicum dip served with assorted crisp breadMain Course (choose one):
• Grilled chicken fillet served on a Mediterranean vegetable risotto with pesto, shaved parmesan and a roasted tomato sauce
• Victoria-farmed eye fillet of beef resting on a potato and herb rosti, with seasonal vegetables, onion marmalade and rich beef jusDesserts (choose one):
• Warm sticky date pudding topped with butterscotch sauce served with cream
• Vanilla bean panna cotta with crumbled pistachio and sweet cherry syrupBeverages:
• Wines: select Victorian red and white wines
• Bar: beer, whiskey, brandy, gin, vodka, Bacardi rum and dry vermouth
• Liqueurs: port, cognac, Drambuie, DOM Benedictine, Cointreau and Tia Maria
• Coffee and tea11:55:
Tour option details are as follows:
Option Departure Time: 11:55 AM
- Experienced tour guide / driver
- Guided coach tour of Melbourne
- Yarra River scenic cruise
- Boxed picnic lunch
- 3-course dinner aboard the Tramcar Restaurant (Early Dinner)
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Adult: Age 15 to 99
Child: Age 5 to 14
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
Please confirm lunch choice at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual on board the Colonial Tramcar Restaurant
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund