The camp was then used by the Soviets until 1950 to detain former Nazis, German soldiers and political opponents of the communists. Many thousands more died from malnutrition and disease.
The key to this walking tour is the informative and illuminating narrative provided by your expert tour guide. During your 3-hour visit to the camp, you'll learn important background history of the site as you walk through the Appellplatz parade ground, the Jewish Barrack, punishment cells, execution grounds and crematorium, Station Z, the Pathology Laboratory and camp hospital.
This tour was researched by historian Gabriel Fawcett, who is publishing an important witness account of the camp. All tour guides have their own special insights into the history of Sachsenhausen, and are experienced in unraveling the complex history of the Third Reich and the Holocaust.
Duration: 6 hour(s)
— pointsOfInterest 1
- Neue Promenade 3
- Neue Promenade 3
- Local guide
- City map, including information regarding public transport and the best of Berlin's museums and nightlife
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Berlin Transport ABC Zone ticket (approx 3.30 Euros each way) that is available from your guide on the day
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:00 at least 1 day before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:00 at least 1 day before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
How to Use It
- Mobile or paper ticket accepted
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Elder: Age 65 to 99
Adult: Age 12 to 64
Child: Age 0 to 11
Infants and small children can ride in a pram or stroller
Public transportation options are available nearby
Transportation options are wheelchair accessible
Suitable for all physical fitness levels
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms