Enjoy an hour or two exploring this hidden historical gem in the heart of London. At 25 Brook Street, make your way up the wonky, 250 year old staircase and step back in time into George Frideric Handel's music rooms where he composed, rehearsed, performed and conversed with the leading musical luminaries of the baroque age. This is where he wrote Messiah, and these are the windows from which he threatened to throw opera stars when they refused to sing his arias.
Musicians are often found practicing on one of the harpsichords throughout the day, offering a beautiful atmospheric accompaniment as you make your way around Handel's house - don't miss the adjoining current exhibition celebrating the famed baroque tenor John Beard.
Making your way up to the second floor, you will find yourself in Handel's dressing room and the beautiful bedroom in which he eventually died of old age after 35 years at the heart of English music.
On the third floor of the museum, you will find yourself transported to 60s London and the height of its swinging heyday. The city which embraced one of the greatest guitarists the world has ever seen and made him famous, London, held a special place in Jimi Hendrix's heart and he described the flat he lived in with his girlfriend Kathy at 23 Brook Street as the first place he'd ever truly called home. Painstakingly recreated from intensive research and with Kathy's invaluable help on numerous tiny details, a short step away is the room made famous in copious film footage and photographs where Jimi lived, loved and played in 1969 before his tragic death just a year later at the height of his fame at the age of just 27.
Departure Time: 11:00 AM
Departure Point: Handel & Hendrix in London, 25 Brook Street Mayfair, London W1K 4HB England
:Tour option details are as follows
Option Departure Time: 11:00 AM
- Entry/Admission - Handel & Hendrix in London
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Infant: Age 0 to 5
Adult: Age 16 to 99
Child: Age 6 to 15
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Hours of operation: Monday-Saturday, 11am-6pm
Last admission: 5pm
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms