With your admission ticket in hand, head to the California Palace of the Legion of Honor (known informally as the Legion of Honor), located in Lincoln Park overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge, where the Pacific spills into San Francisco Bay. A gift of Alma de Bretteville Spreckels to the city of San Francisco in the early 1900s, this stunning building is a replica of the Palais de la Légion d’Honneur along the Seine in Paris, and its epic location makes this hidden gem one of the city’s greatest treasures.
Explore the museum’s extensive collection of more than 124,000 works of art, including European paintings, sculptures and decorative arts; ancient art from the Mediterranean basin; and the largest collection of works on paper in the American West. The permanent collection reflects a history of patronage by its founders, whose focus was 18th- and 19th-century French art.
Don’t miss one of the 28 original casts of Rodin's The Thinker statue and the must-see Salon Doré of the Hôtel de la Trémoille exhibit, reopening in the fall of 2013. This is one of the finest examples of French neoclassical interior architecture in the world.
Be sure to bring your camera, because after your time at the museum, you can walk a bit down the road for incredible views of the Golden Gate Bridge and Marin Headlands in the distance.
Upgrade: Audio Tour or Special Exhibits Upgrade to include the audio tour at the Legion of Honor for a more in-depth experience, or enjoy entrance to its fascinating Special Exhibits.
Visit: de Young Museum, 50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Dr Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA 94118-4502
This ticket also allows you free same-day General Admission to the de Young Museum in Golden Gate Park
Departure Point: Legion of Honor, 100 34th Ave Lincoln Park, San Francisco, CA 94121-1677
:Tour option details are as follows
Option Descriptions: General admission ticket to all permanent collections of the Legion of Honor
Admission with Audio Guide:
Option Descriptions: General admission ticket to all permanent collections of the Legion of Honor with audio tour
- Admission to Legion of Honor
- Same day admission to the de Young Museum
- Entry/Admission - Legion of Honor
- Entry/Admission - de Young Museum
- Special exhibitions or audio tours (unless selected at time of booking)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Senior: Age 65 to 99
Adult: Age 18 to 64
Youth: Age 6 to 17
Child: Age 0 to 5
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Standard-size backpacks and strollers allowed. Bags larger than 8"h x 8"w x 5"d must be carried by hand. Other items may be required to check. Some exhibitions have restricted stroller access
Wheelchair accessible. Wheelchairs may be borrowed from the Information Desks on a first-come, first–served basis.
City ordinance prohibits smoking in the museum or the park
Please silence cell phones and pagers while in the galleries
Still photography is permitted in the permanent galleries, however video, tripods and flash photography are prohibited
Sketching is permitted for individuals with pencils on a small (9” x 12” or smaller) hand-held pad in the permanent collection only
Service animals allowed
Near public transportation
Transportation is wheelchair accessible
Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
Most travelers can participate