Salzburg’s Burgher Town with its narrow, crooked little streets and the unique passage ways of the so-called '
Getreidegasse' Salzburg’s commercial centre still remains intact in its medieval charm contrasting the great spacious Baroque squares of the district where the Archbishops presided over the city in their Residence.
We pass by
Mozart’s Birthplace and the
Festival Halls before we reach the
monastery of the Benedictines called St. Peter – dating back to 696 AC. Along with stories of Salzburg’s medieval salt commerce and medical innovations, we follow the childhoods of Wolfgang and Nannerl Mozart as well as the life story of the great second musical son of the city, the composer, Michael Haydn.
By the end of the walk, visitors know our local customs and traditions, our cultural and political history, and our enviable musical heritage. Last but not least, you will learn the true story of the global movie classic
The Sound of Music's Trapp family, one of the authentically great refugee tales of the second world war.
Departure Point: Mozartpl. 2, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Return Details: Salzburg, Austria
:Tour option details are as follows
9:30 am 09:30:
Option Descriptions: 9:30 am for 2.5-hour walk trough Salzburg's historical center
Option Departure Time: 9:30 AM
2:00 pm 14:00:
Option Descriptions: 2:00 pm for 2.5-hour walk trough Salzburg's historical center
Option Departure Time: 2:00 PM
- 3-hour walk through the historical center of Salzburg
- Professional scholarly guide
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Adult: Age 0 to 99
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Your tour guides are professors, doctoral students, historians, journalists, art critics, or published authors
Near public transportation
Most travelers can participate
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers