There are many things that you must do when you are touring New Zealand. Often you look for something unique that will encapsulate the essence of what the region holds. Chris Jolly Outdoors has done this by offering the first ever Maori Cultural Cruise Experience on Lake Taupo.
As you arrive at the Taupo Boat Harbour, you will be welcomed with a traditional Maori pohiri before boarding the boat.
Taurikura explain the importance and meaning of this cultural gesture to welcome you aboard Cruise Cat.
The two storied catamaran, then provides the ultimate venue for an interactive performance with the sensational group.
Taurikura are formed from the local Maori immersion school, with both teachers and students (who have an intimate understanding of the culture) will entertain you with local history, songs and haka.
The 90 minute tour is also an interactive experience which is fantastic for young and old alike. Taurikura will teach you how to work the poi, play traditional Maori stick games, and you can even get your own washable Moko tattoo.
This tour is a present for the heart, for you will walk away not only with the gift of experiencing Maori culture, but all who have been part of this have been uplifted on departure.
You will also receive a selection of breads with homemade dips. Full bar onboard with delicious antipasto platters available for purchase for NZ$20 (2pax) to enjoy as you take in the stunning vistas of the Lake Taupo region. What a fantastic way to top off a day spent in the Taupo district!
Departure Time: 5:00 PM
Departure Point: Car Park, 83 Redoubt Street, Taupo 3377, New Zealand
Return Details: Returns to original departure point
Tour option details are as follows:
Option Departure Time: 5:00 PM
- Hop-on hop-off tour
- Boat cruise
- Maori Cultural Performance
- Free beverage
- Stunning views of the Maori Rock Carvings
- Enjoy an amazing vista of the Lake
- Free nibbles
- Maori Interactive games and performance
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Senior: Age 65 to 99
Infant: Age 0 to 4
Adult: Age 18 to 64
Child: Age 5 to 17
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Space for pushchairs
Two toilets on board
Full bar available with food options to purchase
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 80 travelers