This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Tourist Board of Rovinj-Rovigno, Obala Pina Budicina - Riva Pino Budicin 12, Rovinj 52210 Croatia
Your guide will pick you up at the agreed starting point in Rovinj, Croatia - hotel, cruise terminal, bus station, train station etc. (please contact us after the booking so the appropriate arrangements can be made).
Stop At: Amphitheatre de Pula, Flavijevska ul., Pula 52100 Croatia
Pula, like the rest of the region, it is known for its mild climate, smooth sea, beautiful beaches, and unspoiled nature. The city has a long tradition of wine-making, fishing, shipbuilding, and tourism. It has also been Istria's administrative center since ancient Roman times.
The most famous and important monument, the starting and ending point of every sightseeing tour is the Amphitheater, popularly called the Arena of Pula, which was once the site of gladiator fights. It was built in the 1st century AD during the reign of Emperor Vespasian, at the same time as the magnificent Colosseum in Rome. Today it is the venue for summer performances, which can seat about 5,000 spectators. The underground passages, once used by the gladiators, nowadays host a regular exhibition of viticulture and olive growing in Istria in ancient times. The exhibits include reconstructions of machines once used for the production of olive oil, wine and amphorae used for storing and transporting olive oil and wine. During our tour you will come across numerous monuments of Roman architecture: the Triumphal Arch of the Sergi from the 1st century B.C., Hercules’ Gate and Twin Gates, the Temple of Augustus, Arena and Small Roman Theatre in the town center. Historical attractions aside, Pula is a busy commercial city on the sea that has managed to retain a friendly small-town appeal. Although marred with residential and holiday developments, the coast is dotted with fragrant pine groves, seaside cafes and a clutch of good restaurants. A unique experience will be moments of relaxation in the main town square, which has managed to retain its role as the meeting place since the Augustan Age.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point: Rovinj, Croatia
Traveler pickup is offered
- Pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Amphitheatre de Pula
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Adult: Age 0 to 99
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
After the booking please provide additional information (all customer names, hotel details, pick up details etc.)
Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: cruise name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers