This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Matamata i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, 45 Broadway, Matamata 3400 New Zealand
Combine a luxury transfer from Rotorua to Auckland with a visit to 2 world-famous attractions in New Zealand: Hobbiton Movie Set and Waitomo Glowworm Caves.
After pick-up in Rotorua, we drive across the Mamaku Plateau to the Hobbiton Movie Set near the rural town of Matamata, made world-famous as the original setting of Sir Peter Jackson’s “The Lord of the Rings” and “The Hobbit” trilogies. On the 2-hour tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set, get astonishing insights into how these movies were made and which parts of the movies were filmed here. Not only movie fans will enjoy this unique experience with inside views of the Hobbit village including Hobbit Holes, Bag End, The Green Dragon Inn and astonishing facts about the filmmaking and spectacular landscape all around.
We then continue on to Waitomo Caves, located in the King Country in the Waikato region. On this tour we travel via the Thermal Explorer Highway touring route, taking in the special region as we drive through the beautiful countryside of New Zealand’s North Island. At Waitomo, experience the underground wonderland that is Waitomo Glowworm Caves with thousands of Glowworms as the major attraction.
As we drive northward on the journey from Waitomo to Auckland, we show you sacred Taupiri Mountain as well as Ngaruawahia, the site of Turangawaewae Marae (Maori meeting place) and seat of New Zealand’s Maori King. Be dropped off in Auckland after combining a transfer from Rotorua to Auckland with exploring some of the most beautiful parts of Aotearoa / New Zealand. This Private One-Way Tour from Rotorua via Waitomo Glowworm Caves and Hobbiton Movie Set to Auckland allows you to see 2 of New Zealand’s most famous attractions in one amazing day.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Time: 9:00 AM
Departure Point: Rotorua, Bay of Plenty 3010, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up Rotorua and drop-off Auckland.
- Rotorua Airport, Rotorua New Zealand
- Rotorua i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, 1167 Fenton Street, Rotorua 3007, New Zealand
Return Details: Auckland, New Zealand
:Tour option details are as follows
Option Departure Time: 9:00 AM
- Fully guided Private Tour in Mercedes luxury vehicle.
- Pick-up Rotorua and drop-off Auckland.
- Tour times: Rotorua 8am to Auckland 6pm (flexible).
- Complimentary snacks & water.
- All tours support local eco-cultural initiatives.
- Entry fees to attractions: Waitomo Glowworm Caves NZ$53 p.p.
- Hobbiton Movie Set Tour NZ$84 p.p. Private Hobbiton Tours NZ$750 first 4 guests, then NZ$84 p.p.
- Entry/Admission - Matamata i-SITE Visitor Information Centre
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Adult: Age 12 to 99
Child: Age 3 to 11
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
Near public transportation
Infant seats available
Most travelers can participate
This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
We meet and exceed all safety measures to keep both our guests and our wonderful team of guides safe. Our safety measures adapt based on requirements to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all.