Situated seven kilometers to the west of Ninh Binh city, this very place will have you lost in a wonderland, by just rowing a boat down the river. Karst mountains, evergreen jungles, lush rice fields, and vivid emerald rivers make up this whole area, together with endless points of interest to be discovered. What could be more ideal for an explorer? In fact, Trang An was among one of the major filming sites of the blockbuster Kong: Skull Island last year.
Technically speaking, Trang An is a Scenic Landscape Complex, inscribed as a mixed world heritage site in UNESCO’s list in 2014 for its unique combination of cultural and natural value. The complex includes many national preserved sites, such as Trang An ecological park, Bai Dinh temple, Hoa Lu Ancient Capital, and the Tam Coc – Bich Dong grottoes.
Located in Gia Sinh commune, Gia Vien district, Bai Dinh is the biggest pagoda in Vietnam with an area of 700 hectares.
This pagoda has been granted with 12 national records by Vietnam Record Books, they are: largest bronze bell (36 tons); highest and heaviest gilded bronze statue of Buddha Sakyamuni (10m high, 100 tons); largest set of three gilded bronze statues of Buddha: The Past, the Present, the Future (9,57m high, 100 tons); largest pagoda well; largest bronze statue of Quan Yin Buddha… In addition, there are many other works which are also very mighty, meticulous and impressive such as Tam Quan (the Entrance) that is made of wood, 13m wide and 16.5m high; Bell-tower was built in octagonal architecture similar to a lotus flower (18 m high, 17m in diameter), containing a 36 tons bronze bell and a 72 tons bronze drum. In particular, Bai Dinh is one of several places in Vietnam where hosts 6 sarira pearls, precious treasures of Buddha.
07:45 – 08:30 Tour guide picks you up at suggested places around Hanoi Old Quarter
10:30 Depart for Bai Dinh pagoda and Trang An eco-tourism site. Have short break en-route to free your legs. Arrive in Buddha Sanctuary place of Bai Dinh pagoda, the biggest one in Vietnam.
12:30 Have lunch in a restaurant with local special dishes including goat meat.
13:30 Visit Trang An ecological tourist site with a boat trip through cave chains: Lam cave, Thanh Truot cave… with 3 spiritual places (Cao Son temple, Suoi Tien temple, Vu Lam Historic Area) and an exciting “ Kong – Skull Island” film studio.
16:30 Back in Hanoi
18:30 Arriva Ha Noi, dropped off at your morning address. Tour ends.
- Pick up and drop off by air-conditioner bus at hotels in Hanoi Old Quarter
- English speaking guide
- Vietnamese lunch
- Entrance fee and boating fee
- Electric car in Bai Dinh pagoda
- Bicycle to visit the village in Trang An
- Travel insurance
- Others not mention above.
Change & Refund Policies
- Cancellations made at or before 00:00 at least 15 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 5%
- Cancellations made at or before 00:00 at least 14 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 10%
- Cancellations made at or before 00:00 at least 7 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 25%
- Cancellations made at or before 00:00 at least 3 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 50%
- Cancellations made after 00:00 at least 3 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity
Children from 11-17 age cannot book a separate tour without adult.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather
- If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund