Scenic spot overview
Tulou buildings make up one of the most famous and culturally significant sites in the south of China. In 2008 a total of 46 Tulou buildings were inscribed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. Large fortified buildings are dated as far as the 12th century but still inhabited by locals to this day. Tulou buildings were usually constructed in a rectangular or circular form with the defend purposes in mind. Thanks to their structure these fortified enclosed buildings formed closely-tied small communities inside of them, and as a result none of them are quite the same. Our English tour guide will help you navigate among the best points of interests with ease and will provide you with the rich history and cultural facts along the way. Enjoy the beauty of the Chinese countryside blended with the unique Hakka culture of the region, converse with the locals with the help of our English tour guide, and try the local authentic cuisine.
In the morning, we will pick you up early to avoid the traffic jam at your hotel on Xiamen island (Siming district / Huli district). If the site is not convenient for parking, the guide will pick you up at the nearest intersection or bus stop. For the specific time and place of getting on the bus, the guide will contact you in advance. Please keep your mobile phone turned on.
After picking all of you up, the trip will begin. We will arrive at the destination in 3 hours and will have lunch upon arrival. At the restaurant you will have plenty of time to enjoy the local cuisine.
After the lunch we will visit the scenic spot — Gaobei Tulou cluster. Gaobei tulou is one of the major Tulou clusters in Fujian which us located on the hillside in Gaobei village .This cluster includes following buildings：Chengqilou, the square Wuyunlou, the circular Qiaofulou and Shizelou.
The most famous and the largest earthen building in Gaobei tulou cluster is Chengqilou which is also nicknamed “the King of Tulou”. The construction of Chengqilou started in the later Ming Dynasty(1368-1644) and finished in the early Qing Dynasty(1644-1911). It took the Jiang family three generations’ effort to build such a large Tulou. Chengqilou is 73m in diameter with an outer perimeter of 1915m. It has three concentric ring buildings inside the large earthen house. Our English tour guide will share with you the legends and history of Gaobei tulou cluster.
After visiting all these famous and beautiful scenic spots, we will head back to Xiamen, and later send you back to your hotel.
07:00 Guest pickup
08:00 Start your trip
11:00 Arrival to the Gaobei tulou cluster and have lunch
11:50 Visit of the Gaobei tulou cluster:chengqilou,wuyunlou,qiaofulou,shizelou
14:30 Drive back to Xiamen
17:30 Arrival to Xiamen port and send you back to hotel
- The local English tour guide
- Pick-up and send-off services
- Scenic spot tickets
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:00 at least 7 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made at or before 00:00 at least 5 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 50%
- Cancellations made after 00:00 at least 5 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
- If you need to change your booking, please cancel and rebook
- Trip.com only provides the booking service for this travel product. The specific cancellation policies are strictly in accordance with the supplier's standards. Please read carefully before booking
How to Use It
- After the reservation is successful, you will receive a confirmation message from Trip.com
- The staff will confirm the pick-up time and place with you by a text message or phone before 23:30, one day in advance. If you haven't been contacted in time please dial the emergency contact number in the confirmation message or contact customer service.
- For guests ordering after 23:00 one day in advance, the staff will notify them before 6:30 on the day of departure.
Adult: Height 1.5m+
Child: Height 1-1.49m