This all-day trip starts in Vienna and takes you to the beautiful Danube Valley: In the Wachau region, which is steeped in history and legends, the Danube winds its way past many picturesque towns and vineyards. The comfortable coach takes you from Vienna to Krems, the heart of the Wachau winegrowing region. Depending on the season, you either have a short break there or drive through the historical city centre.
The next stop is Dürnstein and Spitz, where you will board the boat to Melk. You can enjoy lunch on board or eat later at the restaurant at Melk Abbey. In Melk, the coach awaits you to take you to the nearby Benedictine Abbey. The highlight of the trip is a guided tour of the abbey, one of Austria’s most famous baroque buildings. The tour ends at the Vienna State Opera.
NOTE: In winter time, lunch is offered instead of boat ride.
- Bus trip in a modern coach from Vienna to the Danube Valley
- Lunch & walking tour through Krems or Dürnstein (in winter from 1. November 2020)
- Boat tour in summer (only from 1. April - 31 October 2020)
- Entrance and guided tour at Melk Abbey
- In winter boat ride
- In summer lunch in a restaurant
Change & Refund Policies
- Once this product is successfully booked, it cannot be changed or canceled
How to Use It
- Meet your tour at the Vienna State Opera house: Operngasse 8, 1010 Wien, Austria, in front of the Opera fountain.
- Present your print voucher to tour operator/guide.
Adult: Age 13 to 99
Child: Age 3 to 12
Infant: Age 1 to 2
Children (3-12 years): reduced Infants (0-2 years): free of charge if they are sitting on their parent's lap
- Due to unpredictable events such as high or low water or delays during locks or bridges, a program and/or route change may become necessary
- Languages: German, English, Spanish. This tour is guided in max. 3 languages.