Back in the old days of China, seals were symbols of authority and power. These pocket-size stamps were used exclusively by the government to signify the importance of a document and the owner. Only the most talented craftsmen were trained to carve intricate Chinese characters into seals, a specialization that built seal carving schools throughout the country. But today, the once mysterious traditional art form can now be learned through an hour-long workshop at Aura Art in Hong Kong. Gain basic skills with the help of an expert tutor in just a short amount of time and be able to create your own right after the class. Learn the use of each and every tool laid out on your table - all of which you can use for as long as you want. Follow a simple pattern on a sample by watching your tutor's step-by-step demonstration. Once you get the hang of it, you can now chisel away and recreate a Chinese character you like. End the class with your finished product that will serve well as a great souvenir of your Hong Kong trip.
Don't let the little ones miss out on a fun recreation of a historical art form
This activity is available on Sunday-Monday
Please select your preferred class schedule upon booking
A brief introduction of the materials is given at the beginning of the workshop
A sample will be shown
Instructor will then demonstrate step by step
- 1-hour and 30-minute workshop
- Professional tutor who can speak English, Cantonese, and/or Chinese
- All materials
- 1 soft drink
- Light snacks
- Other personal expenses
Change & Refund Policies
- Once this product is successfully booked, it cannot be changed or canceled
How to Use It
- The usage time is in local time.
- After sucessful booking, You will receive confirmation voucher via email. The voucher is only valid on the specified date and time
- On the day of use, Be at the meet up location 5 minutes before the scheduled activity time.
- You can present either a printed or mobile voucher.
- Address: Aura Art, Flat 2E, Percival House, 83 Percival Street, Causeway Bay
- How to get there: Take the metro Island Line and get off at the Causeway Bay Station, then walk about 5 minutes to the destination
Address: Aura Art, Flat 2E, Percival House, 83 Percival Street, Causeway Bay
How to get there: Take the metro Island Line and get off at the Causeway Bay Station, then walk about 5 minutes to the destination
- Monday-Thursday: 14:00-22:00
- Friday-Sunday: 13:00-22:00
Be at the meet up location 5 minutes before the scheduled activity time