This outdoor rock climbing taster is an ideal starting point for those with little or no prior experience of rock climbing. We will be approaching the local outdoor crags with the aim to get stuck into as much climbing as we can manage. The focus for the day will be on trying out climbing but also on learning climbing techniques and rope techniques.
This course is suitable for those of you who have never climbed indoors or outdoors before. If you have climbed indoors it is a good opportunity to refresh skills and get a taster for rock climbing on real rock.
During the course you will look at:
Equipment including harness, helmet, rock shoes, ropes and belay devices
Climbing movement skills on real rock
Tying into the rope
Belaying and lowering/abseiling
Most clients bring their own rock shoes. They can however be hired. Please bring suitable clothing that will keep you warm and dry in most weathers and some sturdy footwear for walking to and from the climbing areas. Bring a packed lunch.
Insurance NOT INCLUDED
*for a group of 3 people minimum and 6 people maximum.
Departure Point: Hopewell Centre, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Traveler pickup is offered
We usually meet hopewell Centre in Wan chai then take the cab to reach the bottom of the spot then a small hike of 15 minutes to reach the spot.
Return Details: Returns to original departure point
:Tour option details are as follows
Outdoor Rock Climbing Taster Day:
Option Descriptions: Pickup included
- Use of climbing equipment
Change & Refund Policies
- Free cancellation at or before 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use
- Cancellations made after 00:01 at least 2 days before the date of use will incur a cancellation fee of 100%
- Partial cancellation of this booking is not permitted
How to Use It
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Your voucher will be sent to your email after your booking is confirmed. Please check the usage instructions on your voucher for more info about how to use it
- Any traveler groups not mentioned in the booking options are not applicable for voucher use.
Adult: Age 18 to 49
Senior: Age 50 to 70
Youth: Age 12 to 17
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
Near public transportation
Not recommended for travelers with back problems
Not recommended for pregnant travelers
No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate