Wuzhen is an ancient town with over 1300 years of history. It was the filming location for the popular television drama Si Shui Nianhua starring Huang Lei and Liu Ruoying. The town is full of classic bridges, canals, and many elegant residences in the Jiangnan style particular to the region south of the Yangtze River. Here, a rich variety of culinary specialties abounds in a laid-back setting. This is a prime location for experiencing classic Jiangnan water scenery. Today, Wuzhen has two major scenic areas: East Gate and West Gate, where you can soak in the small-town atmosphere and sample local snacks like stinky tofu, “victory cake” (dingsheng bing), or “sister-in-law cake” (gusao bing). You can visit the historic Zhaoming Library or old post office. Of course, you have to see the town from one of the traditional canal boats, and you can't miss seeing the night-time beauty of West Gate.
Ancient SettlementHistoric Sites
Ancient SettlementHistoric Sites
VillageTraditional Experience/ Cultural Experience
Ancient SettlementHistoric Sites
Wuzhen Internet International Exhibition Center
Boat TourSightseeing Tours
Nearby AttractionsMore (4571)
Nearby RestaurantsMore (3)
dai yue lang
The Old Wood Bar
Nearby HotelsMore (1818)
Haoli Hotel(Wuzhen Xizhe Scenic Area Store)
Motel 168 ((Wuzhen Xizha Scenic Area)
Getting There - We took a car from Shanghai and drove 2 hours to Wuzhen. You can also take the train from Hongqiao railway station to the Tongxiang station in Wuzhen.
Attractions - Wuzhen Water Town: There are two parts Dongzha scenic spot and Xizha (plus another 2 waterways but these are the most popular)
Hotels - Na'nian Wancun Zhangshe Boutique We stayed here & it was convenient, close to the entrance of the water town and many restaurants nearby. Around 400 RMB per night
Food & Restaurants - Mostly Chinese cuisine - fried radish cakes and pressed spring rolls were popular. Lots of bars inside the town.
The entrance to the water town (both Dongzha and Xizha) is RMB190. Only valid for 1 day. We only visited Xizha and it was RMB150 - it's really big so there is a lot to see. Can easily stay there for 3-5 hours. With that said, it was not that much different to any other water town I've been to before.
NOTE: Once you enter the town you cannot leave and re-enter. I think this is to encourage customers to stay inside the water town (at a price ofcourse - hotels range from 700 RMB up, but then you don't have to pay entrance to the town).
It rained while we were in the water town and you can catch a ride to the exit for RMB10 per person as the walk can be around 20minutes depending on where you are. Enjoy!
A watery life broke the tranquility of Wuzhen. Xiaoqiao Liushui people, powder wall slabs and bluestone slabs, Wuzhen antique streets make people nostalgic, Wuzhen is a favorite ancient town!
Especially for the night when I like Wuzhen, I walked on the bluestone plate and walked in the West Gate, letting myself indulge in the dream of the waterfront.
The annual Wuzhen Drama Festival is really worth seeing. There will be a lot of big coffee~
1 Aircraft: After arriving at the airport, there is a direct bus to Wuzhen
2 Train: Arrive at Tongxiang Railway Station and then pass
/ Hh/3 Car: You can take the direct line to Wuzhen Xizha (Shanghai Shaoxing, Hangzhou), one-way drive 1h20min
1 East Gate
A shower of rain chilled Wuzhen
night deep people
in Tanjiaqixiang natural humanities village
I heard a long-lost wow ...
Lao She once said "have a cup of good tea, Everything is self-satisfied." And for me, a cup of wine, a coffee, a table, a good meal, the most pleasant trip is this. The natural and humanistic village of Tanjiaqi Alley in Wuzhen, each room type has unique characteristics and is very pleasantly surprised. It almost carries the poetry of the rushing urbanites, and the local natural flavor. Here, you can taste elegant and slow time, you can sit on the window sill and watch the sunset through the glass~
Wuzhen Tanjiaqixiang Natural Humanities Village
Tongxiang City, Zhejiang Province, China No. 10, Tanjiaqiao, Hongqiao Village, Wuzhen
(200 meters from the main entrance of Xizha Scenic Area)
Moroccan style B&B in Wuwu Town, imprisoned thunder and thunder, punched the photo and detailed Raiders
Hotel outside Wuzhen Scenic Area, in fact, this is another B&B, but full house, accidentally hit this Moroccan style B&B, the room is average, but I love the lobby of his home~
1. I admit, I took a photo of him. . .
2. Lobby, Moroccan-style decoration, there is a swimming pool in the middle, pretending to be in an exotic ~
3. There is a flamingo on the pool water, which is the super-fired red flamingo, suitable for taking pictures. But the water in the pool should not be changed every day, so don't think about swimming. Just take a photo on the swimming ring
4. The chandelier on the stairs is also very good, suitable for taking pictures
5. Free clothing is available in the hotel. There are about 5-6 sets of looks, mainly based on long skirts. If you really want to take pictures, you can still bring your own clothes. Because of this temporary setting, I can only choose the clothes of his family.
6. It is recommended to shoot at night, the light will be better than the daytime, and there will be no excessive natural light at night, which is made by the light and is relatively uniform. If you want to shoot in the morning, you need to let the clerk turn on the light, and the effect is not good at night.
Treading the thunder point:
1. The location is too biased. There is no other thing besides the hotel. There is only one restaurant, but also the price, dont go, the dish The taste is not good, not to mention, a bottle of orange fruit actually received 15 yuan, black! Fortunately, the area scenic area hotel can provide shuttle bus.
2. The room type must not be "Shef Shawan" or "Danjier" tatami room type, expensive and small, the layout is very unreasonable - but the basic room type, and the cheap room type is big ~
3. No breakfast, because there is no place to eat in the morning~
1. If it is not a weekend, it is recommended not to book in advance~ If you are driving, you can go shopping first After the sights, then the reservation, the price is sometimes cheaper.
2. If you need an invoice, you must tell the clerk one day in advance
3. There is no fixed parking space for parking, and you can park directly in front of the hotel. If it is a weekend, the parking space should be very tight~